Automotive Project Manager (Contractor)
Hiring company is a Shenzhen B2B startup at the frontier of manufacturing solutions for the fast-moving world of the Internet of Things. They are currently looking for a contracting Automotive Project Manager.
- Project oversight, directly reporting to the management team.
- Timeline organization and management, resource planning, quality, and delivery.
- Parsing a high volume of urgent requests from the customer, funneling action items to the correct departments via concise requests.
- Collaboration with a diverse range of contributors from all engineering divisions, including but not limited to: Textiles, Chemical, Mechanical, Hardware, Firmware, and Software.
- Generation and maintenance of project, technical, and compliance documentation.
- Independent decision making based on detailed knowledge of core company technology, understanding when to dictate and when to escalate.
Skills and Requirements
- At least 5 years experience in the automotive market, preferably in Safety Systems departments for OEMs or Tier 1 Manufacturers
- At least 2 years experience managing projects, and leading personnel and/or teams containing anywhere from 2 to 10 people
- At least 5 years experience working in electronics or other technology field
- Technical knowledge of hardware, sensors, or analog-to-digital systems preferred
- Proficiency in project, task management, and collaboration applications such as MS Project, Asana, Slack, Confluence et al.
- Command of broad range of project management strategies and tools, such as waterfall/Gantt, critical chain, Agile/Scrum
- High EQ and self-awareness with strong communication skills
- Bachelor's degree required; Engineering degrees welcome but not necessary
- Project Management certification (PMP) or PMI accredited coursework a plus
This is a contract position with the potential to grow into full-time.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.