Android UI Developer
An emerging tech startup is hiring an experienced Android UI Developer for their office in San Francisco, US.
You will use your passion for Android development to build delightful user interfaces to help build our first revolutionary product for the smart home. You'll be joining a small, dynamic team that is responsible for designing, developing, and testing our Android application. As an early employee at a rapidly growing startup you'll have the opportunity to influence our first product and create the best experience you can imagine.
- You'll write and maintain front end Java code
- You’ll create custom UI widgets
- You’ll interface with our servers over HTTP
- You’ll interface with NDK code
- You’ll create unit and integration tests to validate code and protocols
- You'll review your teammate's code and have your code reviewed to encourage consistent excellence and shared knowledge
- Proven excellence in UI development with an eye for design details
- Strong Java knowledge and Android development experience
- Strong communication skills, a positive attitude, and empathy
- Self awareness and a desire to improve your skills
- Experience with cryptography
- C or C++
- Experience with developing secure Android applications
- Design experience
- Experience with continuous integration
- Academic background in computer science, computer engineering, or electrical engineering (BSc or MSc)
This is role can be remote.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.