Company based in US is now searching for an Interior Engineer.
- Responsible for the interior specification meeting or exceeding product plan.
- Oversees development of seats ensuring compliance with regulatory and company test requirements.
- Starting with a clay model, collaborates with Industrial Design to determine part break up.
- Continuous improvement and execution of future technology with materials, tooling, processes, structures, and mechanisms.
- Utilization of engineering and business systems to prepare a cost analysis of a vehicle’s interior.
- Material selection identifying key physical properties
- Lead designers by providing technical and styling direction
- Experience with FMVSS regulatory and safety compliance
- Analyzes field failures defining root cause and implementing cost effective corrective actions
- Interfaces with: Industrial design, purchasing, designers, quality, manufacturing, marketing, product managers, and technicians
- Translates product specific objectives into a detailed technical specification including cost.
- Plans and implements PDP phases of a project, completing within technical, schedule and cost requirements.
- Provide technical support to purchasing developing specifications for RFQ’s and assistance with supplier selection.
- Collaborate with purchasing to specify and source lower cost alternatives
- Define next generation products by benchmarking existing vehicles defining tooling/BOM cost
- Manufacturing support
Business & Leadership Skills
- Ability to effectively influence and work in cooperation with cross functional teams
- Strong communication, presentation and teamwork skills including the ability to write clear and concise technical documentation
- The ability to break down problems and gain understanding to make effective decisions
- The passion to set and meet high standards of performance
- The ability to persuade others to support the company agenda / objectives
- The ability to establish clear, measurable goals and deliver on commitments
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work in a matrix organization and effectively lead without direct positional authority
- Ability to travel 20% to support product launches, new technology implementations and overall troubleshooting across the plant network
- DFMEA and PFMEA development and assessment
- Strong computer skills with ability to quickly learn new software/applications
- Value Stream Mapping and Process Optimisation
- Project management – initiating, planning, executing project work
- High level of analytical ability to apply to unusual and difficult problems
- Experience with both flexible and rigid packaging (paper, board and Plastics)
- Experience using SolidWorks or ProEngineer is preferred.
Day to Day Responsibilities :
DFMEA and PFMEA development and assessment.
Strong computer skills with ability to quickly learn new software/applications.
Value Stream Mapping and Process Optimization .
Project management – initiating, planning, executing project work.
High level of analytical ability to apply to unusual and difficult problems
Education: BS/MS degree in Product design or Industrial design or Human factors study.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.