Leading car company is currently looking for a Digital Modeller to join their design team based in Detroit, United States.
- Execute high quality and accurate clay models in both 1/4 and full scale
- Fabricate Color and Trim presentation models from wood, plastics and metals
- Construct foam and wood modeling Bucks and metal armatures accurately in both ¼ scale and full-size by following detailed engineering drawings
- Understand and implement technical aspects of a project by reading engineering drawings
- Create hard parts for models in various scales as directed Interpret 2D drawings to translate chosen themes into 3D models
- Works well in a team environment and independently with excellent communication skills
- Ability to stay on schedule and prioritize to meet deadlines Support the Hyundai Design team as needed to maintain a clean and organized design studio
- Maintain interpersonal relationships with both designers and fellow modellers
- Proactive with the ability to take initiative at overseeing various modeling projects/programs
Minimum educational requirement: High School Diploma (GED)
Previous experience as a clay modeller in global automotive design studio
Candidates applying for positions must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa Sponsorship is not available for this position.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.