Colour and Trim Designer
A well- known international automotive company is currently looking for a Color & Trim Designer for their studio in California.
Location: California, US
- Research, analyze and develop interior and exterior colors and materials appropriate for North American vehicle production programs and concept vehicles.
- Select and develop materials (including fabric, leather, vinyl, carpet, headliner, wood grain, metal, interior and exterior colors and finishes) in keeping with overall design concept.
- Create visual presentations for each project, incorporate innovative design trends in developing new products and follow each project from concept to production.
- Apply knowledge of consumer design trends and forecasting.
- Create effective communication tools to convey concept, theme, color and research ideas to send to suppliers and to present to management.
- Perform color tuning and material mastering to ensure consistency of colors and materials prior to production and distribute mastered materials to sister organizations.
- Proficient with Photoshop and Illustrator
- Benchmark competitive vehicles and aid in design direction.
- Create and present technical reports as assigned.
- Up to 30% travel (domestic and international).
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 years’ experience in automotive color and trim design
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.